Accessibility and Non-Discrimination
Federal law prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability in any CDOT program or activity. This prohibition applies to all CDOT services, including Bustang.
Request Accessible Services
- Interpretation & Translation Services: CDOT provides reasonable language assistance free of charge upon request. Contact the Civil Rights & Business Resource Center at (800) 925-3427 to make translation or interpretation requests related to any CDOT public meeting or service. Si necesita información en español, por favor contactar (800) 925-3427.
- Access for the Visually and Hearing Impaired: Dial 711 or (800) 659-3656 to reach Relay Colorado. Relay Colorado is a free service that provides full telephone access to people who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind, or speech-disabled.
- Accessible Meeting Locations & Facilities: CDOT strives to provide services and hold meetings in locations accessible to people with disabilities. Contact the Civil Rights & Business Resource Center at (800) 925-3427 to make an accommodation request.
File a Discrimination Complaint
Anyone who believes they have been excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination under any CDOT program or activity because of their race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability may file a complaint with CDOT or the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Discrimination Complaint Form
- CDOT’s Discrimination Complaint Procedure
View full website for CDOT Civil Rights & Business Resource Center
Website en español para el Centro de Recursos de Derechos Civiles y Negocios